Same or Next Business Day Treatment for Urgent Foot and Ankle Conditions
If you have an urgent foot care or ankle problem, we will work to get you into see our Seattle podiatrists right away. Urgent foot care treatment is available during our normal operating hours. If you have an emergency after those hours, please go to the nearest emergency room or call 911.
If you think you have a problem that should be seen right away, call our Seattle office and let the receptionist know that you have an urgent problem.
The following are common urgent foot care cases that we try to get into our clinic right away:
- Ingrown Toenails: If left untreated ingrown toenails can become infected (or the infection can worsen). A simple procedure to remove the piece of nail sticking into your toe will almost always eliminate your pain and allow healing to start immediately.
- Ankle Sprains and Foot Sprains: It is often difficult to tell the difference between a sprain and a fracture. These injuries are often under-treated in ERs and urgent care centers. We are experts on treating foot and ankle injuries and will ensure you get proper treatment. If you have already been to an ER or urgent care center see us for a second opinion as soon as possible after the injury.
- Toe Fractures: Toe fractures are also often undertreated and can result in months of pain and swelling if not treated correctly. Buddy taping is almost always the wrong treatment. See us ASAP anytime you stub or injure your toe.
- Foot and Ankle Fractures: If you think you may have a fracture don’t wait to seek treatment. If you injure yourself and think you may have a fracture at a time we are not open go to an ER. if we are open let our receptionist know you may have a fracture so we can get you in right away.
- Plantar Fascia Tears: A tear is in the plantar fascia feels like a sudden “pop” in the arch of your foot and can cause tremendous pain. It often occurs during stop and start sports such as basketball or tennis but can happen at other times also. This is a problem that we should see right away.
- Tendon Rupture: If you feel a “pop” or “snap” in your foot or ankle see us right away. We will want to ensure that you have not ruptured a tendon and if you have ensure you are getting proper treatment.
- Gout: A sudden onset of intense pain is often due to gout. The pain can be so great that even sheets resting on your foot can hurt. We will see you right away for gout attacks in order to initiate care to eliminate your pain as fast as possible. We will then refer you to your primary care physician for prevention of future gout attacks. Your PCP can also treat acute gout.
Contact us right away if you have an urgent foot or ankle condition. If it is after hours and we are not open go to an ER or urgent care center.
Please note that we will likely be working you into an already full schedule and there may be a wait in the office.